Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Jesus takes a different turn

God is definitely moving in this place and its amazing to watch. Our school has had divine health declared and prophesied over it and it is awesome to watch God back up that prophecy. There have been a couple people in our school who have gotten malaria , we have prayed for them and they have recovered! God is so up to stuff its amazing.
This entry is going to be unlike my previous entries in that I don’t have a whole lot of amazing radical testimonies of the manifestations of God, even though they happened during this last week. God Is calling me into a new place during this time and it is an interesting journey to say the very least. God has pulled me out of the corporate anointing into a place of silence. He has taken me into a season of learning to receive rather than only receiving through giving. He is teaching me about his father’s heart in new revolutionary ways that is just absolutely rocking me. He has started me down a journey of intimacy with Him that I have never been on before. It is a new level that I have never experienced, and its taking some getting used to, because there isn’t the typical flash bang excitement of being a part of miracles and gnarly stuff, but its more of a season of quiet fullness that is impossible to resist. I am finding myself getting up early to spend time with the lord before everyone else gets up. During our corporate worship sessions he has just taken me into a quiet place of soaking which is really amazing. It is interesting the way that God works, since He has started me down this journey of quiet he has given me so much revelation into my own life and my own relationships and why things are the way they are in my life. Some of the revelation has been unpleasant and other revelation has been absolutely glorious. One of these revelations is that I never really learned how to have fun with God as my father. He and I never really do anything fun together, because my quiet times have always been focused on “this is where I need improvement.” I have never really allowed myself to just “be” in His presence before, because I always felt that I was urgently in need of improvement. He is teaching me to have a story with Him. We go and do stuff together, we climb trees, we swim in the ocean, I never realized before that God enjoys having fun That concept has been completely foreign to me.
That is only one example of what God has been doing. He is stirring stuff in me that I never even knew existed. I am realizing what needs to start happening in my life and He is giving me awesome revelation about my calling and the steps that I need to take in order to get there. He is also really just taking me down a road of healing that Has been totally refreshing and has lifted some major burdens off of my shoulders.

We have started a soccer tournament between us and the Mozambican bible school students. Out of our first two games, despite the help of Jazz and Dana the have beaten us both times. But it has been a great time of bonding with them. Our speakers have continued to be amazing each one bringing something entirely different and unique that gives added perspective on missions, martyrdom, and the Intensity of God’s calling on your life and just how Jealous he is for your attention. He has been bringing major conviction with how much time I waste doing useless stuff and how he wants to call me to something higher. Its kind of funny though, in regards to the question “God what do I do with my future?” instead of making my options narrower, He has added more of them to the equation to choose from. Now I am more in a pickle than ever because threre is so much that God has put on my plate saying “I want you to do this.” But giving no time frame for any of it. Im not worried though. I know ill be in cali for at least a few months when I get back, just because of What He is doing there and the involvment I have with everyday back home. I am coming to realize more and more especially being in communication with Heidi and others, just how close California is to revival. And I am realizing that stewarding What God wants to do in California is my absolute number one priority for when I get home.
The other day we had a time where we practiced the gift of prophecy, and traded prophetic words with each other, and it was really cool to see God moving. Especially through those who have never prophesied before. It is always encouraging to see someone realize more fully the power that they have in Christ. I think that probably gives me some of the most joy out of my time here. ~ watching people realize their Identities and how as co-heirs with Christ they have the power to recreate and do everything that Jesus did. Its funny though. Often when you hear that thrown around there aren’t the miracles to back it up, there are at best stories. Here they say that in lecture, then we walk out into the villages and see the blind eyes opened and the deaf ears hear. The anointing on this place for miracles is unlike anything I have ever experienced in my life, and it is just so challenging for me to be able to see first hand how we all should be walking every day as followers of Christ. It makes me burn for more in California. I am not content to be a Sunday Christian. God is so up to something and He is pulling me into it like a whirlpool. Im caught in it, and I have passed the point of no return. Im done with living a life that has absolutely no impact on eternity, Im droppin my nets and following.

Thank you guys for your consistant prayers.

During this next time I am really in need of prayer for
Deeper revelation of God through initimacy
An ability to learn to laugh and have fun with God
Practical direcion as to whether or not God wants me to Go on outreach,
And money to pay for it if that is the case.
A job when I get home, so I can start funding my adventures!


Thanks a million!

Ben

1 comment:

  1. "A season of quiet fullness that is impossible to resist." I can feel His presence in that line. I am there too. Keep writing. It's so awesome to hear all that God is doing in and through you. ~ Rachel

    ReplyDelete